Monday, August 11, 2008

Dentist, school, and more school

Okay... this is the BIG week with school starting for both my kids. So, getting all the stuff done that needs to be done... dental appointments for the kiddos... done and done. One cavity between the both of them, not too bad if I do say so myself, and I do. I have to remember to get their new toothbrushes out of my purse before bed time. The dentist did have good news for me though. He (well, actually his assistant told me) that Ken's teeth were progressing normally and that we should start seeing loose teeth within the next 6 months. Keep your fingers crossed! We don't want him to go through what Daddy went through... (had all his baby teeth pulled, yuck). AND they were both EXCITED to go to the dentist. I don't ever remember being excited to go to the dentist... I still dread it (even though my dentist is super cute, right Mom?).

Then after the dentist (who was running 15 minutes late) we ran to Ken's school to get my Volunteer/Visitor badge picture. Now it's not required, but it is a nice thing to have as to not have to wear the stupid little visitor sticker labels all the time.

Then... tonight... we went to Arcadia's Back to School orientation. Wow... Let me say that this was an information packed orientation and that I already have my first fundraiser to do for her school... talk about starting early, huh? This fund raiser has a little bit of everything! Geez... let's see... Zap Snak Pizza, Gourmet Cheesecakes, Cinn-Fully Delicious Cinnamon Rolls, Churros, Chocolate Eclairs, Gourmet Coffee, Cocoa, Fudge, Funnel Cakes, Pumpkin Rolls, Soft Pretzels, Pretzel Dogs, Gourmet Popcorn, Cookie Dough, Braided Strudel & of course... magazines... so... if anyone is hungry... let me know... I'm taking orders and I will deliver/ship to where ever, but I only take cash, check, or paypal... ;) and I'm not kidding either. :) I want to get the $1 for each item sold to stick in my daughter's savings account! That's too cool... :)

Now for the part I'm truly dreading... the first day... Don't get me wrong, I want them both to go, they are driving me batty and they need to socialize OUTSIDE OF THIS HOUSE with people OTHER THAN ME! But... Ughh... I don't know how I'm going to do this, but it shall be done! It has to be Done! Both start on Wednesday at the same time on opposite sides of the city (okay... so that means 10 minutes with traffic, but still... it's a big deal) and both have drop off time at EXACTLY THE SAME TIMES!!! AAAGGGHHHHH!!! At least I ran into a friend at the school that has a son going to my son's school and another son going to my daughter's school AND she lives in my neighborhood (or at least within the area) so we can carpool!!!! Yeah!!!! Sweet!!!! at least we'll see.

Now for tomorrow... we have our first pack meeting for Ken to see if he'll like Boy Scouts. We'll shall see.

No comments: