Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back in the swing

Finally... after feeling cruddy all last week... I'm starting to feel better.


This past weekend we went to get our family pics taken (yes, Grandma, you'll be getting one... :))
I think it turned out pretty good, don't you?
Tiger Scouts went really well this week. We're starting to fall into a good pattern and the boys stay interested the entire time (for the most part). They started out coloring turkeys and doing mazes. Then we moved into the living room and we started out by going over some new rules that they got to help make up. I then passed out "rounders" to them with their names on them and leather strips hanging from them to tie beads to when they do things. First they get a bead for attending the meeting, then they get one for good deeds done during said meeting (helping with cleanup, etc. it will get harder to earn them as they get older though). The boys then made felt turkeys and had a ball doing it. I even have enough left over materials for Arcadia to make one of her own. We then had some drinks and went over the bobcat materials again... I tell ya... you have to drill it in for them to remember the different things needed, but they're getting it! I want to be proud of my boys at the next pack meeting when they receive their bobcat patches and their instant recognition kits (which they've already earned one bead on, though they officially don't get it until they fulfill all the requirements for the bobcat patch first.
Ken's doing better this week. It's surprising how different each day is with him. We loosened the punishments and that seem to help his behaviour. Weird, eh?
We got our skis this past weekend and the kids are so excited. Guy's taking them on Saturday to the slopes. I'm fine with this since I'm not a great skiier. You wouldn't think I'd be that nervous by now, but... I am!!! Oh well... LOL
Guy and I are going to a concert tomorrow night. This will be Guy's first "real" concert. I was taken to one by my friends when I turned 21, but haven't been to one since then. This is going to be sooo fun!!! We're going to see Coldplay at the Pepsi Center. I can't wait! :)

No comments: