Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ken's update

Well... so far so good with Ken this week. Hopefully this post won't jinx the good week he's experiencing. His teacher has given him a book to read during the times that he's waiting for the rest of the class to catch up, etc. He has a great attitude and everything. I don't know what prompted the change, but hey... I'll keep it. He did, however, forget his homework today. Lovely... LOL So now I have the fun task of FINDING said folder to take with me when I pick him up this afternoon. Ken also did really well in soccer practice last night... they did some running up and down the field (sort of a race) and he was the fastest. That made him feel really good.

I'm starting to get prepared for our annual craft show coming up in November. My friend and I have a booth. I'm almost finished with two more bibs and I have a bunch of fabric measured and cut to make some notebook/pencil holders to sell. I have plenty of fabric, so I just need to get some binding material to make it a little stronger and not all flappy.

I have a busy month planned. Ken has soccer every Saturday this month and has practice every Tuesday and Thursday nights now until it's over. Ken has a "Harvest Hop" Festival at his school in a few weeks and his teacher asked if we room moms could come up with a "door" theme (each room on the first floor decorates their doors for prizes). I found some inexpensive (read: $1.00) strobe lights at Target so I got those... But I'm not sure what exactly we should do yet. I need to talk to the other mother. Arcadia's fall festival is the week after that and I'm helping out at the game booth. At least I don't have to come up with the games... Just man and decorate the booth. I'll be sure to take pictures. I also have to get Ken and Arcadia's costumes made. What have I gotten my self into!!! LOL Oh well... just pray I can talk Arcadia back into being a Fairy Princess so all I would have to make are wings.

No comments: