Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Lists




This time of year starts to send me in a panic. People start asking me what I want for Christmas, etc. I used to have answers for them, but I no longer do. Lately, it's just "send me a gift certificate" etc. I never really know what to ask for.

On the other hand, my children have no problem in that category! LOL The annual Toys "r" Us Biggest Toy Book Ever came out in our paper about a month ago. I let them both at it with their own seperate markers (pink for Arcadia and green for Ken) and practically everything is either checked or circled. Guess they made it easy on Santa this year, huh? Arcadia wants a dollhouse... any doll house... as that they were ALL circled in pink, I don't think which one she gets is an issue. She also wants ALL the art stuff listed (no surprise there, she is my little artistic one). Ken wants anything that he can build with - Legos, KNex, Lincoln Logs, etc. I guess they won't be problems (and since we're pretty much finished with their gifts, then that's good... except for the Santa gifts... Guy and I have yet to talk about those).

Then there's Guy. I don't have a CLUE what to get him. What do you get someone who buys what he wants when he sees it? He mentioned wanting a copy of the CM Russell painting his parents have, but the only problem is, I don't know which one it is (Ken, Janet, if you know what it's called, please let me know!). We also need a new pepper grinder. Ours has gone kaput... so a new one is a definate, but that in itself is an issue. Which one to buy? There are soooo many choices out there! I look on amazon.com and there are over 100 choices. Man... I can narrow that down by size, but still it's going to take a while to find the perfect one. And truthfully, that's not enough... I did get him tickets to go see Coldplay in November. That was part of his gifts, but I really want something for under the tree.

I think I have ideas now for Guy, but I'm going to keep looking. I never realized that shopping for someone could be so difficult. Oh wait... yes, I did... I'm that difficult to shop for! LOL

oh... and I still have to take the kids shopping for Daddy... Ugh.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

found you on Blogher...and I had to laugh..because my husband is the exact same way...he'll say he likes something...and I'll store it in the old memory bank...then the next week he goes out and gets it...makes it super hard to buy anything besides socks....