Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, Fresh Starts

This new year has been going well so far... Ken and Arcadia started back to school on Tuesday and they are happy to be back (as am I!). Ken's getting ready for his Pinewood Derby this weekend. We worked on the car Sunday and he sanded, painted, painted, painted... LOL I did some detail work to it and then put a clear glossy coat on it. Wheels are on and the car is weighted... let's see how well it works and how fast it will go. Arcadia also built hers (well, okay, so I'm doing most of it)... she picked the colors and painted it... I added stickers and clear gloss coat. Will be putting the weights and wheels on tomorrow...

Ken has a new teacher to start out the new year. He was very heartbroken when he learned his old teacher was moving to California. He really seems to like his new teacher. He was very excited to learn that there were a bunch of different things around.

We started swim lessons this week. Mondays and Wednesdays. We missed last night due to extremely poor road conditions. I know, I know... but I don't think the kids needed to be exposed to sub zero temps with wet hair, ya know. We'll hit the class on Monday.

The kids are also getting excited about their birthday's coming up. Ken wants his at The Denver Hop and Arcadia's having a swim party. I got everything reserved, now to party preps. :)

No comments: